Thursday, October 13, 2005

Problems in the Pipes


Sunday morning I was getting ready for church and when I went to put the water on so I could brush my teeth when a pipe exploded under the tube and water went everywhere even down the stairs. To make matters worse I went to the gym to shower and was reading by the pool when a bug bite me and I had an allergic reaction to it and have been sick for the past week. When I went to the doctor he was mad at me because I didn't go to him right after it happened or to the hospital he says if I get bite by the same type of bug again it could be deadly. The bite was small and know it is half my leg and I had a fever for several days because of it. All to say bugs in Africa are much different than those in the states that is for sure. I won't make that mistake again.

2 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal:

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad encounter with the African who-knows-what. But, I'm glad it wasn't the deadly version. I miss you and hope that some great doors are opening for you in Botswana. I loved reading your blog entries and seeing your pictures, especially from the camping trip. I'm a little jealous about that I have to admit! We are continuing to lift you up.
Love, Alisha

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Crystal! Sorry to hear about the bug bite. I was in Canada a couple of days ago and met a couple that is moving back to Botswana. Their names are Percy and Ashley. Ashley is from Georgia and Percy is from Botswana. They met when she was a missionary there in Africa and now they are married. I'm not sure when they are going back though, but maybe I could give you Ashley's e-mail if you like. Anyways, I love you and I'm praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home