Thursday, October 13, 2005

Problems in the Pipes


Sunday morning I was getting ready for church and when I went to put the water on so I could brush my teeth when a pipe exploded under the tube and water went everywhere even down the stairs. To make matters worse I went to the gym to shower and was reading by the pool when a bug bite me and I had an allergic reaction to it and have been sick for the past week. When I went to the doctor he was mad at me because I didn't go to him right after it happened or to the hospital he says if I get bite by the same type of bug again it could be deadly. The bite was small and know it is half my leg and I had a fever for several days because of it. All to say bugs in Africa are much different than those in the states that is for sure. I won't make that mistake again.

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Savannah Smith said...

Hey maybe windex will work on that bug bite? Yikes...I am sorry about that, and I pray that you will get back to full health again. So about what size flyswatter would you need sent to you in a care package? and where could we send it so it gets to you before you are eaten alive while sitting by the pool? I love you and am praying for you! My covenant...Accepting this divine privilege of prayer, I joyously commit to faithful and fervent intercession for you and the extension of Christ's Kingdom through you! Thank you for the opportunity to be an intercessor for you because you answered to the call to serve! Thank you friend...

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal:

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad encounter with the African who-knows-what. But, I'm glad it wasn't the deadly version. I miss you and hope that some great doors are opening for you in Botswana. I loved reading your blog entries and seeing your pictures, especially from the camping trip. I'm a little jealous about that I have to admit! We are continuing to lift you up.
Love, Alisha

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Rachel Stokes said...

Hey Crystal! Sorry to hear about the bug bite. I was in Canada a couple of days ago and met a couple that is moving back to Botswana. Their names are Percy and Ashley. Ashley is from Georgia and Percy is from Botswana. They met when she was a missionary there in Africa and now they are married. I'm not sure when they are going back though, but maybe I could give you Ashley's e-mail if you like. Anyways, I love you and I'm praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home