Sunday, October 23, 2005

Baby Lion Cubs


This past week I was able to go to Johannesburg in South Africa for a Journeyman retreat. It was a nice relaxing time and it was great to be with people who are going through some of the same things as me. The highlight of the week was definitely petting baby lion cubs in a game park. One lion even went down a slide for me. We also got to go to a restaurant called the Carnivore and eat lots of interesting food like zebra, crocodile, impala, ostrich, and buffalo. I got to hear a lot of what God is doing all over Africa and how he is working through all of us in different ways to further his kingdom and show his love to the people around us every day.

5 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger nate & jenni said...

Amen to a good time had by all. Glad we got to hang out for a few days, though I didn't hear much "southern slang" coming from you, if you know what I mean... I like this photo with the lion, looks like he's telling you something-

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Mandi said...

i love that pic! how cool that you guys got to hang out--good times! love you :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger A. Victoria said...

Cool Picture! I found your blog while reading Nates. How long are you there in Africa? It sounds like you are doing a lot.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger A. Victoria said...

What a great thing to be able to do for a few years. Why did you choose Africa, if I may ask? I think that would be terrific going to Africa for a few years :), but it would have its difficulties. I am so glad that the Lord has sent people such as yourself to Africa to minister and love the people.
God Bless

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! That's rockin'! I think I'm jealous...yep. So what did you think about the varity of meats you had there? Sounds like you certainly had more options than we ever will! Only chicken and mutton here. :)

So, did you ever get your bathroom fixed?

-Alisha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home