Monday, January 02, 2006

Village Stay

Mothlwane the village were I stayed for a few days. There was no electricity or running water. We stayed with a rather large family and made food over an open fire every day. People would visit at meal times and we would have to have enough food for all. We made Seswa wick is beef ground up and palache which is a thick breadlike substance. The food was very good but bathing through a bucket was difficult. I enjoyed the children they were fun to play with and they didn't care if you didn't know Setswana. I have never meet an ugly African child. I have fallen in love.... With this little one named Kato. I also got to drive the donkey cart and help pick up firewood. Ke motswana.... I am a motswana according to the family I stayed with I am know African.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger A. Victoria said...

Those are great pictures and you are right the people there are easy to fall in love with. They are warm hearted, thankful, and so eager to learn. Thank you for sharing.

I am glad to hear that you are doing better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home