Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Odd Creatures

This past week has been full of surprising creatures. While I was looking for a student at school on Saturday to take a church a group of students asked me if I wanted to see their pig. So I said sure... Well they took me to this one pig which was rather large and I said wow that is a big pig or Kolobe in Setswana. Well they said that is the baby. They bring my to this tree and there is a pig standing there bigger than a VW Bug. It was absolutely crazy. The students love to touch my hair and skin. After every class I get ambushed. In one class one of the older boys is now my bodyguard and makes sure no one touches me and he also carries my books.
At home in the dogs water dish we found this Huge Dung beetle swimming in the water. The Dung beetle is going extinct and are not supposed to be killed. The beetle was the size of a big rat.

5 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger A. Victoria said...

That is cool!

I am glad that you are doing well and able to post occasionally to let us all know how and what you are doing.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger shellyeve said...

your parents did a great job sharing your heart for the people there at the missions festival dinner last night - they told us we could find your blog if we searched blogspot...and here you are! Your love and devotion to the people there is encouraging to me - I will be praying for you and for your continued healing as well...

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Josh said...

like shelly, i got to hear your parents share last night and just found your blog.

we are all encouraged and excited about what you are doing in botwana. your church is behind you and will be praying for you.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Hey im just a friend of Shelly and Josh's. i read about your blog on shellys blog so here I am lol. I will be praying for you as well! Its very encouraging to read about your adventures over there. i have some friends in another part of africa so its close to my heart. Keep on bringing it for Jesus!

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home